Author Topic: Car audio recommendation  (Read 912 times)

Offline Whitepink59

• Eldorado Member
  • I have been cursed by a coupe devil...
  • Mood: Happy (always)
Car audio recommendation
« on: August 02, 2014, 09:02:52 PM »
I just had a new stereo installed in my Cougar by the same guys that did the stereo in my Caddy (and will be working on it again soon).  I thought I would give them a plug for anyone looking for a good quality audio guy in Melbourne. 

Their details are here:  http://www.nolimitcsv.com.au

Unlike many contractors in the old car hobby, these guys have a 'can do' attitude. 

I asked them to install a stereo and speakers and to colour-match repro speaker grills.  On my first visit, Mark recommended a different head unit and telephoned a client who lives locally, who then arrived in a 1965 Mustang Fastback to show me the head unit he recommended installed in that car.

I then got a dose of whileyou'reatititis and they ended up organising a restoration and colour match of my dash (which was old, cracked and faded), centre console lid (which was the wrong colour, bought from e.bay) and pull handle for the door (also an e.bay purchase that was the wrong colour) and installation of various loose bits that were floating about and that I have been meaning to do for months. 

They did a great job, without complaint and on time and seemed genuinely eager to please (which is a nice change in this game!)

By contrast, when I took the same dash to the Dashboard Doctor, they took one look and said 'too hard' and refused help me.  (I lost 2.5 hours billable time for he privilege.)

I trust the operators (having used them before), so did not ask for a quote.  I had an idea in my head of what it would cost and the bill came back within $8 of my guesstimate.

The service was delivered on time (less than a week) and without fuss.

I highly recommend them for audio or electronics in your old or your new car.

(PS I am not getting a kick-back for this!)
1959 Coupe DeVille, white with pink interior
1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 convertible, orange over brown, 351W and FMX