Author Topic: Welcome To Your New Forum  (Read 1584 times)

Offline CPU

• custom title shows here
  • Administrator
  • DeVille Member
  • personal text shows here
  • Mood: Happy To Help
  • My Name: Shows Here
Welcome To Your New Forum
« on: June 26, 2014, 12:59:11 PM »
Greetings One & All

Welcome to your new forum.  You have two new administrators, Peter-P and myself, CPU.
Neither of us are associated with the club, we are external contractors hired to administer your forum.  Well Peter-P is, I'm a volunteer who does work for Peter-P. Doug Lemon is still you forum moderator.

You will notice there have been quite some additions to your old forum.  Please try to post in the correct sections.  The new sections should make it easier to find information you may be looking for.  Attachments are allowed and we have explained a bit about them HERE

We have uploaded new smileys for you to use and the YouTube video embedder still works the same. i.e. you simply copy and paste the code that is in the "Share" field on the YouTube video.

Example:
This code will display the video below
Code: [Select]
http://youtu.be/aQEKGn1PMKY

Any questions or help you need can be posted in the Forum Help Desk section.

We may have one or two teething issues but we will iron them out as we move along.  Please feel free to contact us should you require any assistance.  Enjoy

Kind Regards
CPU

:hi:

Signature appears here
Max characters: 600, including image code.
Images in your signature must be no greater than 100 pixels high please. Examples shown here

Offline xris

• Fleetwood Member
Re: Welcome To Your New Forum
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:33:18 AM »
Hey CPU ,
 is it possible to send a group email to all for forum members , ( maybe club members too )  , advising them that the new forum is up and running , easier to use etc. ?

When the forum was off line , when I clicked on the link all I got was  :site no longer existed , words to that effect anyway . No mention that it was coming back up .
I couldn't find any mention of it on the " home " site either .
May of been in the mag. ,which of course would not help anyone not a member .

Previous to the site dropping out , there was talk of dropping the site altogether . After checking a few times I was ready to look on Facebook for it ,though I never would of bothered to use ,if so .
I know others felt the same way too .

With the participation being so poor on the previous format ,maybe an email Flyer/invite advising of the new format may help improve it .
This may in turn generate new membership for the Cadillac LaSalle Club of Australia

The best clubs ,inmo have active forums . Info ,help ,contacts ,that much needed part, friendships ,even increased membership dues and participation on runs/at meetings can come from an active forum .

I would guess that most forum members only check in every couple of months due to the poor past participation .I know that many months would go by sometimes for myself .It was just pure luck that I
re clicked on this forum when I did .

So it may take months for others to realise that there has been any change .A big kick start now could be the beginning of something better . :fingerx:

Xris

1960 Flattop sedan
1986 Fleetwood Brougham D'elegance

Offline CPU

• custom title shows here
  • Administrator
  • DeVille Member
  • personal text shows here
  • Mood: Happy To Help
  • My Name: Shows Here
Re: Welcome To Your New Forum
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:08:58 AM »
Good idea xris. :thumb:

Done.  Everyone registered on the forum should receive an email.
Signature appears here
Max characters: 600, including image code.
Images in your signature must be no greater than 100 pixels high please. Examples shown here