Author Topic: My New dash Pad  (Read 5396 times)

Offline ColonelZ

• Fleetwood Member
  • Melb
My New dash Pad
« on: July 11, 2012, 07:05:14 PM »
Hi All
Just received my dash pad back from RD Autoline Sweden. Check out the pics, looks great. Now the fun bit starts.
Cheers
Rob
 ;D

Robert
59 Coupe Deville
Melb
CLC Member

Offline macka

• Club Member
  • Fleetwood Member
Re: My New dash Pad
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »
Looks really good, Rob. Why Sweden.......cheaper, quality?
Black 1960 62 series Coupe

Offline ColonelZ

• Fleetwood Member
  • Melb
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:20:55 PM »
Hi Macka
I contacted all the dash repairers in Australia and all of them charge over $2000.00 some as high as $3000.00 for a 59-60 dash rebuild
I heard a lot of bad stories to do with them using bog instead of closed cell foam etc. Then I found RD Autoline, these guys do it to factory concourse quality and charge $1400.00 US. Shipping was a bit high but, it would have been cheaper by sea. But i didnít want to wait 6 months for the dash. It still took 2 months even shipping by air. But it looks fantastic, check them out at
http://www.autoline.se/
Robert
59 Coupe Deville
Melb
CLC Member

Offline Captain Morgan

• DeVille Member
  • 1960 Koupe deVille
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 08:57:45 PM »
looks great. Thanks for the pics !
1960 Coupe de Ville... but full resto will turn it into a Kustom !

Offline Rick

• Club Member
  • Eldorado Member
    • Cadillac LaSalle Club of Australia
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:02:42 AM »
Looks beautiful mate, that's exactly what I need for my '60. You're right the local dash resto's all charge over $2000.
Rick
Bligh Park, NSW
1960 Miller Meteor

Offline Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 10:32:08 AM »
It is a pity they don't make them in RHD format, but the number of potential sales would be prohibitive.

Bruce. >:D
Bruce Reynolds, Lindisfarne, TASMANIA
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Offline pdm59

• Fleetwood Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 07:59:20 AM »
Looks brilliant, I removed and restored my 59 dash not long ago as it had been fiberglass coated and was peeling. I opted to bog and paint the dash much like you would see in a chev. I achieved a fantastic finish however the purest would say not very original. I was put of by the price of having it restored and the bad experience I have had with a couple of dash resto's on my chev. I can tell you that putting the dash back was a major event and requires a lot of patience. It is a very tight fit and a snug fit.  I had been quoted between $2500 and $3300 for a dash resto. When I work out how to load photo's on this site I will post a photo of my dash to show the lesser option for those wishing to restore a dash and willing to overlook the originality aspect of a resto.

Good luck with the resto

Paul

Offline Kerrycos

• 62 Series Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »
Same old story here guys - you get what you pay for and this dash pad looks great!
Well done,good on you,
                                 Kerry

Offline Rick

• Club Member
  • Eldorado Member
    • Cadillac LaSalle Club of Australia
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 06:40:04 PM »
When I work out how to load photo's on this site I will post a photo of my dash to show the lesser option for those wishing to restore a dash and willing to overlook the originality aspect of a resto.

If your photo is online somewhere, copy its web address, then when you're writing your post just click on the "picture frame" icon (above the smilie faces) and paste the address of your photo in between the IMG tags. If your photo isn't online yet you'll need to upload it to Photobucket or Instagram or Facebook or any one of a dozen photo-hosting websites first.
Rick
Bligh Park, NSW
1960 Miller Meteor

Offline ColonelZ

• Fleetwood Member
  • Melb
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »
Finial got the dash in, what a job. Putting the dash back is a big event and requires a lot of patience. It is a very tight fit. I donít know how they did it on the production line. But I'm glad itís in now, next is the seats.
Rob
Robert
59 Coupe Deville
Melb
CLC Member

Offline pdm59

• Fleetwood Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 06:16:04 AM »
looks the goods, what an awesome resto you have in progress can't wait to see the finished job.

good luck

Paul