Author Topic: Australia's only 58' Seville?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline 58Seville

• 62 Series Member
  • New member!
  • My Name: Glen
Australia's only 58' Seville?
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:47:02 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have just posted my application to join the CLC so I will shortly be a member of the club! I'm looking forward to meeting other members and getting to club events when I can. I can't do the Biennial in Wangaratta this year but I will be at other events and meetings when I can make them. I used to be a member of the Buick Car Club of Australia but I have been out of the game for years. It's great to be a classic car owner again!

After years of dreaming about owning a Cadillac, I finally took the plunge and bought a 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Seville. My car was imported by Jeff Randall in WA back in 2007 and he sold it on to Clive Hughes in SA in 2014. I bought it off Clive in December 2015 and the car now lives in Sydney.

I have never seen another 1958 Eldorado Seville in Australia so I think my car is the only one. I wouldn't be surprised given that only 855 were made and that an estimated 300 survive worldwide. I haven't seen the member directory yet but Claudia Holding tells me that there are two listings for 1958 Eldorado Seville's in it. However, I think they might both be this same car as one of them is in WA and the other in SA. I think it's simply the case that neither Jeff or Clive have informed the club that they have sold up although today I have discovered that there may be another one in WA. I will find out more later.

I will hold off posting any pictures for now as I am currently detailing and servicing the car. Once I'm done, I will post something in the 'Show Off Your Pride and Joy' forum. For now, I just wanted to say g'day and that I'm looking forward to meeting folks at club meetings and events, as well as seeing your beautiful cars!

Cheers,

Glen Camenzuli
Cheltenham, Sydney

1958 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (13 of 855)

Offline Peter-P

• Administrator
  • DeVille Member
  • Just keeping a lid on it.
Re: Australia's only 58' Seville?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 03:10:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum Glen.

And yes lots a pics would go down well.  :thumb:

Peter
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Offline 58Seville

• 62 Series Member
  • New member!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 04:44:03 PM »
Thanks Peter.

There will definitely be photos in time. She's not a perfect car or trailer queen but she's pretty damn good for her age. Both previous owners described the car as mint.... I think they both need to go back to school!!

Offline peter waite

• Club Member
  • Fleetwood Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 04:29:43 PM »
Hi Glen,Welcome to the club, you may not receive a up to date event's sheet prior to the 21st Feb, but as a cadillac owner and or a new member you are more than welcome to attend our meet and greet new members day which includes a club hosted B.B.Q. on the above date This is a club event with all invited to attend,new, old, and not seen very offend members.
If you like to contact me by email with your phone number and I will ring you with any help you may need. Thanks Peter Waite N.S.W. President.

cadhud@froggy.com.au   

Peter  Sydney.
1960 conv 6267

Offline peter waite

• Club Member
  • Fleetwood Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 04:35:21 PM »
Glen,just out of interest,I resently sold my 57 Seville. Thanks Peter W.
Peter  Sydney.
1960 conv 6267

Offline 58Seville

• 62 Series Member
  • New member!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 10:34:04 PM »
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the welcome!! I'd love to attend the meet and greet on the 21st of February. I will send you an e-mail with my details.

Would love to see some pictures of your old Seville too.

Cheers,

Glen