Author Topic: Join or Renew Your Membership  (Read 2312 times)

Offline CPU

• custom title shows here
  • Administrator
  • DeVille Member
  • personal text shows here
  • Mood: Happy To Help
  • My Name: Shows Here
Join or Renew Your Membership
« on: June 27, 2014, 12:37:51 AM »
:hi:

Want to renew your membership or join the club for the first time?
You can download the membership form from the website or CLICK ME to down load it from here
Signature appears here
Max characters: 600, including image code.
Images in your signature must be no greater than 100 pixels high please. Examples shown here

Offline xris

• Fleetwood Member
Re: Join or Renew Your Membership
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 02:23:51 PM »
I'm still waiting for them to get with the modern times . :rolleyes:

Self addressed envelope for a receipt ?   :ral:

" Cheque/money order, made payable to: "

Who uses checks anymore ?  :shrug:

Money order ? you want me to drive to a Post office and pay a fee just for membership dues ?   :rolleyes:

" Payment by Direct Debit is available ONLY by contacting:
 Claudia Holding - National Membership Secretary  ".................. what a pain ! :bolt:

Set up Paypal , and email a printable receipt !

For the lack of an easy payment option , this club has missed out on membership dues from me since 2007 .

Oh , and three year memberships are common enough .

Even the U.S. site finally got with it .

Every year I check it out thinking maybe this is the year , but nothing changes .

Xris

1960 Flattop sedan
1986 Fleetwood Brougham D'elegance

Offline michael.holding

• Club Member
  • 62 Series Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »
Hi Xris,
The VISA and PayPal options sound great but the club investigated these options and there are some negatives for the club.
Our turnover does not make it viable on a cost basis. (CLC America has 6,000 members, we have 600) 
It was decided it was not reasonable to increase everyone's annual membership fees to cover the extra cost for the small number of members who want to use Visa or PayPal.
Members would still have to submit and sign off a renewal form listing their current vehicles.  The PayPal payment form cannot handle the complexity of our renewal form and, if it could,  that information would need to be printed and then manually added to our system.
Of our 600 members, 75% pay their fees by cheque and more than 20% by EFT.  The balance pay by Money Order or cash.  We receive far more requests for Visa than PayPal and even if PayPal is easier for some, it doesn't suit everyone.
3 Year option:  Less than 20% of renewing members take up the 2 year option.  The number of 3 year candidates is expected to be even less. 
Also, we would need updated information forms more often that 3 years to keep our membership directory current.
At the end the day we have volunteers processing 600 annual renewals and payments and if you have ever had to process this volume of transactions you would try to keep it as simple as possible.  More options adds work and more room for error.
We would like to think that "No PayPal Option" would not stop any serious Cadillac person from joining the club.

Michael Holding

Offline Mick80

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
  • My Name: Mick
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 09:09:02 PM »
Good reply Mike,

I'm looking for motivation to send in my membership forms, is there a decent amount of inclusivity for someone who lives in the central west, 3 hours from Sydney? I'd sure like to meet some fellow caddy people.
1959 6 window Sedan Deville

Offline peter waite

• Club Member
  • Fleetwood Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 07:58:11 PM »
Hi Mick,I would love to talk to you personally,re the advantages of being a N.S.W. Cadillac club member,email me your phone number.thanks Peter.

cadhud@froggy.com.au
Peter  Sydney.
1960 conv 6267

Offline Mick80

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
  • My Name: Mick
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 06:33:17 PM »
Will do Peter
1959 6 window Sedan Deville