Author Topic: new member  (Read 1236 times)

Offline cadillac deadbeat

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
  • Mood: good
  • My Name: shaun
« on: June 27, 2016, 12:22:47 PM »
Hey guys ive just joined and look forward to sharing and learning from people with the same interests.
Im currently restoring a 1966 Cadillac Calais coupe.
It had been customized in the nineties so im removing all the horrible additions and getting the body back to standard.
I was a panelbeater once so im lucky enough to be able to do the repairs myself.
It has had plastic door handles fitted to the outer skin and would like a template to refit and cut the standard hole back in if anyone can help.

Kind regards Shaun

Offline Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 09:32:43 PM »
Congratulations on your bringing a modified vehicle back to some form of normality.

As for the door handles, I think you might need some actual sections from original foors to graft in position.

From what I can recall, there might be a slightly raised area around the attachment points, plus an internal reinforcing piece to support the handle to keep the panel from flexing.

I am kicking myself for not cutting these pieces out of a '66 SDV that I wrecked many years ago.

Look at an original one, and you might be able to source these parts, along with the handles and rods from a wrecker in USA.

Bruce. :devil:
Bruce Reynolds, Lindisfarne, TASMANIA
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Offline peter waite

• Club Member
  • Fleetwood Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 07:22:25 PM »
Hi Shaun,welcome to the Cadillac club of N.S.W. as a member you will if not already received a current membership book,we have a number of members with 66 cadillacs that would be more than happy to help you,as well I may be able to help,if you need it. Thanks Peter 0408629193
Peter  Sydney.
1960 conv 6267

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 06:18:52 PM »
Thanks Peter
I look forward to meeting you guys when i have my car back on the road by september if all goes to plan.

Regards Shaun

Offline peter waite

• Club Member
  • Fleetwood Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 04:21:40 PM »
Hi Shaun,you are more than welcome to come to a monthly meeting or event whenever Cadillac or no Cadillac,it is always great to meet up with people with similar interests,especially new members.Keep in mind our Conditional Rego system along with the new log book system,very member friendly and cheap.Take care Peter.
Peter  Sydney.
1960 conv 6267

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 07:27:30 PM »
Cheers Peter I'm just up in Newcastle so I'm not that far from Sydney.
Keep me posted on up coming events it'd be great to meet up.

Shaun