Author Topic: Hi, Recently bought a RHD 1963 Coupe DeVille with Lasalle badges and stickers  (Read 1994 times)

Offline CA51NO

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
  • My Name: Brydon Moo
Hi guys,

I'm Brydo, last year I bought a 63 Coupe DeVille.  It's RHD, 390, red trim on white exterior, historic rego.... same owner for 30 years.  I dealt with the owners son whilst purchasing it and did it all online and via phonecalls, so never got a chance to chase any really thorough history on it.  However, it has Lasalle club badges and stickers on it, so was wondering if anyone on here had any back story on it?

I know the previous owner bought it from a car show in Brisbane some 30 years ago, and it's been dry stored and largely untouched since.  There's no rust, nothing's missing and it's in pretty decent shape for it's age, save the painted front lower bumper corners (I recently drove it home from Brisbane to Sydney).  Even the jack, paper instruction labels, cardboard boot hinge surrounds etc etc are all still perfect.

Does anyone know the car? 

Thanks in advance for any info guys.

Offline CA51NO

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
front

Offline CA51NO

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
rear

Offline CA51NO

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
inside

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
  • My Name: Kev
I can't help you with the history of it, but its a good looking car.  :thumb:
Kev and Astrid.
1964 Fleetwood.
First time caddy owners

Offline CA51NO

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
Haha thank you, she's very original and rustfree, and 100% complete.  I figured that with the badges, stickers and 30+ years of ownership in Brissy, she must ring a bell with someone!  Will have to wait and see.

Online Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
Contact Keith Deen in Brisbane.   He knows all the Cadillacs in Australia, and probably owned this one once.

Bruce. :devil:
Bruce Reynolds, Lindisfarne, TASMANIA
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Offline cadillac deadbeat

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
  • Mood: good
  • My Name: shaun
Lovely car indeed,congratulations.

Shaun

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
Join the 63/64 chapter in the USA. (mad if you don't)

Very clever guy called Jason Edge runs it.

In recent months, I've bought bits from both Jason and Russ Austin. both run a small hobby business for these year Cadillac's. Good prices and prompt attention by both.
I note you have R/H outside mirror on your car which appears to be incorrect. (The correct ones have been unavailable for a long time)

These have just now been released in a QUALITY REPO by OPGI in the states.
I've just bought one myself through Jason Edge and I think it was $154 AUD ($115USD)

Mine is still in the box, having arrived late last week.
Kev and Astrid.
1964 Fleetwood.
First time caddy owners

Offline CA51NO

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
Awesome response! Although no history, thanks a million for the comments, guidance and help guys...  She's just come back from another big round of mechanical works and is ready to cruise again.

If I get a chance, I'll post a build thread.  It might p#iss off a lot of purists as I've already bagged her.  But she was bagged using all custom built bolt in gear and as many original holes/mounting points as possible, so there was barely any modifying.

I'll post in this thread if/when I get the build thread done.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
If you need to contact Keith Dean, i'll have his phone and email here if you want it.
He does currently have a 64 Convertible for sale, but when I was in his shed a couple of weeks ago, I didn't recall seeing too much for a 63/64.
Kev and Astrid.
1964 Fleetwood.
First time caddy owners