Author Topic: Bracing rods 61 Convertible  (Read 1426 times)

Offline 61convert

• 62 Series Member
Bracing rods 61 Convertible
« on: December 06, 2008, 08:00:57 PM »
Not sure even how to ask this question . Due to my terrible memory I need some help . I am just about to put my front bumper on the car and find that it is different to the coupe I have . The Coupe has adjustable rubber bumpers that hold the bar up and can be adjusted to position it . The convertible and commercial have two bracing rods and I am buggered if I know where they attach to . The manual is very vague and my memory even more so . It only says it attaches to the bar and upper grille . Does anyone know as I sure don't , a picture would be great .

Lance ;D

Offline Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
Re: Bracing rods 61 Convertible
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 10:40:12 PM »
Are you refering to the bracing rods at the grille, or from the Firewall to the Inner Wheel Wells?

I know the Convertible only has the Firewall ones.

Bruce. >:D
Bruce Reynolds, Lindisfarne, TASMANIA
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Offline 61convert

• 62 Series Member
Re: Bracing rods 61 Convertible
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 11:53:56 PM »
I am talking about the ones at the grille . Coupe and sedan don't have them in 61 but Convert and commercial chassis do . I took both sets off I have them in front of me . I know where the firewall braces go but not the other . In the manual in the bumper section it just states convert and commercial have them and they must be loosened or tightened at the bumper and upper grille brace .

Lance ;D