Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Looks like 1978 was the first year for the Electric ALC system.

Bruce. :devil:
G'day David,

There are a couple of ways you could do it, and the first would be to try and obtain a working original pump, which I managed to do for my '72 Eldo, or purchase a later model electric pump that Cadillac used after the Vacuum units.

Not sure when these came into being, but there should be some out there.

Plus, you would need the height sensor that suits the exact type of Pump.

What I did initially was to use separate pressure lines from the individual shocks, and inflated each one separately with the Schrader Valve, or using a T Schrader fitting, both at once.

One of the problems with the originals is that they are no longer available with the single and twin fittings, but that is not impossible to overcome.

The biggest problem with the inter0connected bags is that as the car goes around a corner, the weight goes from one side to the other, thereby transferring the air, which affects the ride, and vehicle roll angle.

Brakes - Suspension - Steering - Wheels & Tyres / 1976 Eldorado - Air suspension options
« Last post by dcoz on January 16, 2022, 10:37:21 AM »
I recently acquired a 76 Eldorado convertible in somewhat rough shape and am starting to work out how to get the various bits that don't work going again.

The vacuum driven air compressor for the rear shocks has a ruptured diaphragm as well as corrosion damage and from my searches, it seems I'm unlikely to find a replacement.

I'm interested in what others have done to address this.  My preference is to restore the original functionality of automatic rear levelling.  Not keen on going the full air springs/air bag option and I know using an electric compressor will also need updates to the rear ride height sensor - but I'm OK with that as a possible approach.

Interested to know what others have done ?
Parts For Sale or Wanted / Wanted
« Last post by Caddy390 on January 09, 2022, 08:34:30 PM »
 :grin:1963 caddy 390 left side cylinder head.
Plus inlet manifold.
Cheers Tony
Parts For Sale or Wanted / Re: starter motor
« Last post by Trouble on January 08, 2022, 09:26:39 PM »
no longer in need of part thanks to the help i received from Bruce and Keith good on ya fella's
« Last post by Trouble on January 08, 2022, 02:14:32 PM »
if anyone wants to sell or knows of a snout for 66 starter motor i am very interested thank you
« Last post by Trouble on January 08, 2022, 11:06:23 AM »
 i was thinking they would be scarce as rocking horse s@*% mate,i'l look him up thanks
General Technical Help / Re: 66 starter replacement
« Last post by Trouble on January 08, 2022, 11:04:01 AM »
Thanks again Bruce
Say Hi / Re: Hi
« Last post by Trouble on January 08, 2022, 11:02:14 AM »
yes i see it when browsing there just thought i would try here, thanks Bruce
« Last post by Bruce Reynolds on January 08, 2022, 10:23:15 AM »
All you are really going to need is the snout, as the rest of the starter motor in most cases will be the same as other GM Delco models (Heavy Duty type) and it is a simple swap-over.

And Sorry, I don't have one of those.

Keith Deen in Queensland may have one, or know of someone who might.   He is in the CLC Membership Directory.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10