Author Topic: 1959 fleetwood  (Read 1460 times)

Offline pdm59

• Fleetwood Member
1959 fleetwood
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:22:02 AM »
I finally got my 59 fleetwood on the road and am having a ball driving around and showing off a little, I was hoping to post a few photo's on the site but am unable to find a way of doing this. What am I missing and how is this simple task done.  For those interested this is Mauro's car which he sold through this site a while ago. I greatly appreciated Mauro's honesty in telling me everything that he thought was defective with the car and allowing me to make a sensible decision in deciding what it was going to cost to put this car on the road. A totally honest and genuine person. I am restoring a 59 cdv and driving the fleetwood around dulls the pain of waiting to finish my 59 cdv resto. My resto has been in progress for 6 years to date and I have set a target of completing it in the next 2 years. I have taken the body of the chassis not relisiing what a job I have created for myself. I don't know what is considered an average time for this sort of a resto but my patience and finances have been tested to the max, I have given up keeping tabs of the cost involved as this was shattering my mental state. I would be interested in hearing what sort of time frame other members have tolerated in there resto's.

Offline mattymopar

• 62 Series Member
Re: 1959 fleetwood
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 10:58:49 PM »
You sound alot like me im in the process of restoring a 62 ss impala,and bought a 60 cdv to dull some of my pain.My Build started back in sept 06 of the frame ,hoping to have it finished in the next 6 months.It nearly kills me to think how much money i have spent or some of the other cars i could have owned it that time frame.My hat goes of to you knowing now wants involved in a resto, and doin a 59 cdv you will have a masterpeace at the end of the day.  Cheers Matt

Offline Doug Lemon

• Eldorado Member
Re: 1959 fleetwood
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 01:29:09 PM »
Doug  in Sydney NSW
1954 Series 60 Sedan

1969 Superior Ambulance