Author Topic: EMAIL ADDRESSES  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Doug Lemon

• Eldorado Member
EMAIL ADDRESSES
« on: September 02, 2010, 07:14:31 PM »
People,, lets think about how we use this message board.I notice a lot of people hiding their email address.Now this is probably not intentional,but think about putting a message on the board needing something and someone has what you need  but can't let you know because you have hidden your email address.
Doug  in Sydney NSW
1954 Series 60 Sedan

1969 Superior Ambulance

Offline Rick

• Club Member
  • Eldorado Member
    • Cadillac LaSalle Club of Australia
Re: EMAIL ADDRESSES
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 07:17:51 PM »
That's probably for fear of spam, which is understandable. Spammers do troll this forum, and just about every forum on the Internet. Fair enough though if you're posting in the Wanted or For Sale section, have some way of letting people know how to contact you.
Rick
Bligh Park, NSW
1960 Miller Meteor

Offline Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
Re: EMAIL ADDRESSES
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 08:00:34 PM »
I am on a lot of Message Boards, and have never been bothered with Spammers.   

Maybe I have a good ISP, that uses a perfect Filter?   I know that I changed from my last one, which didn't give a hoot that I was getting bombarded with Spam.

Registered Members of this Message Board can use the Personal Message function if required, as I know it works.

My worst Spamming comes via my Modified Chapter Email Address, and an getting lots of people asking me to see pictures of my Wife.   I never open them as I know what my lovely wife looks like.   Maybe when I get Dementia, then I might need to see them.

Bruce. >:D

PS.  Probably get a lot now.
Bruce Reynolds, Lindisfarne, TASMANIA
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
(Past President Modified Chapter)