Author Topic: liqid intelligence or not anyone ?  (Read 7793 times)

Offline kav

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
  • My Name: stuart
liqid intelligence or not anyone ?
« on: August 06, 2015, 04:16:50 PM »
ive never had any faith in any of these type of products that are supposed to fix leaks . but ive had enough of fixing stuff for a while . my car has been off the road for the last 10 months during complete engine resto/rebuild . when I finished . the steering box sh#t itself , requiring a full rebuild , now that its up and running the diff seal has decided it wants some lovin too . well bugger off diff your gonna have to wait in line cause im sick of fixing sh#t .
anyone tried this liquid intelligence 230 seal expander stop leak ? im a real sceptic about these types of products ,but ive had enough. I want to drive this bloody thing for a coupla days before I have to rebuild something else .
                                                                                                                                                 stuart

Online Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
Re: liqid intelligence or not anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:48:14 PM »
I just read the advertising spiel, and if it works, I would have no hesitation in using it.

I have just purchased a replacement High Pressure hose for the PS on my Fairmont, and am going to change it tomorrow.

If I had known about the liquid intelligence 230 seal expander stop leak, might have looked into using that, but seeing as the hose cost me less than the can of sealant, I will wait till I next have a leak.

Be interested in reading what you have to say when using it on your car.

If it works with the same success as Barrs Leak for cooling systems, then it will be good stuff.

Bruce. :devil:
Bruce Reynolds, Lindisfarne, TASMANIA
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Offline kav

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
  • My Name: stuart
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:15:20 PM »
Yeah reading the advo spiel it's a bloody miracle and probably too good to be true . Can't wait to see what it costs . Why doesn't he tell us what it costs ?
This stuff would be great if you were an Eskimo and needed to feed the whole village . Just grab a baby seal and spread some of this stuff on . Bingo expanded seal , enough to feed everyone .
Hmmm maybe the misus has been putting this stuff on my gut while I'm sleeping . It seems to be expanding rapidly .

Online Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 08:18:35 PM »
The price of the stuff is in the spiel I read.

Bruce. :devil:

http://liquidintelligence.com.au/products/stop-oil-leak-seal-expander

You can pay with your credit card if you don't have a PayPal account.

One 1 Litre Can:  $88.60

**Save $12.30** Special Value Three Can Offer. Save money and buy for yourself, family and friends.
Three 1 Litre Cans:   $253.50

**Save $44.30** Special Value Five Can Offer. Save money and buy for yourself, family and friends.
Five 1 Litre Cans:   $398.70   

Bruce Reynolds, Lindisfarne, TASMANIA
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Offline caddy-carazy

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 10:03:09 PM »
I used a similar product in the power steering on my 59 coupe many years ago. This car used to leave a puddle under it whenever I stopped. One dose of treatment stopped it, not completely but enough so it wasn't too much of a concern. Geezz, it wasn't so expensive here though!

Offline pdm59

• Fleetwood Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 05:41:24 AM »
I met and spoke to Peter Maher at the Bendigo swap meet a few years ago, Peter is the distributer for this product. I had an oil leak at the rear main seal on my SBC and was desperate for a magic potion rather than do the repair. His explanation made sense but putting an oil additive into an old engine is always a recipe for solving one problem and creating 2. The price of this additive has gone up substantially since I spoke with him. Having said that my oil leak has gotten worse and I may just give it a go. :cool: :cool: