Author Topic: Kelly Country Cruise  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
Kelly Country Cruise
« on: March 16, 2016, 12:01:17 PM »
Well folks,

The Kelly Country Cruise, AKA the CLC Rally, has finally ended for those that have arrived at their home destinations, but is still going for those still travelling, and cleaning up.

Hearty congratulations to everyone that had a part in organising the event, volunteering, and partaking in it.   Especially Graeme & Margo Hendy and Michael & Claudia Holding.

Yes, the weather was hot, and this in itself tested everyone, especially those without working Air Conditioning.   And one person who shall remain nameless, for trusting his weather predictions on the fateful night when the heavens opened up and dumped 2 1/2" of rain onto, or should I say, into the convertible.   The top was down while he slept in the comfort of the motel room.   It only rained for half an hour, but that was enough to drown it.

We got off the ferry yesterday morning and for once didn't need the A/C on, but the heater.   Yes, we were back on Tasmanian soil, and the air was crisp and cool.   An added surprise was that the price of petrol in Devonport was nearly the same as Melbourne.

The wonderful memories of this past event will remain forever, and we took some wonderful pictures to keep on reminding us of the friendships and sights.    My only regret was not taking a picture of the convertible in the sudden storm that at least woke me.   I immediately thought of Steve Westmacott stuck in his little tent, then thought flashed to the afore-mentioned convertible.

Till next time in Renmark.

Bruce. :devil:
Bruce Reynolds, Lindisfarne, TASMANIA
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
(Past President Modified Chapter)