Author Topic: 1964 Deville (429) spark plugs and leads  (Read 1420 times)

Offline paulmac118

• 62 Series Member
  • 1964 Sedan DeVille
  • My Name: Paulmac
1964 Deville (429) spark plugs and leads
« on: July 05, 2016, 09:05:57 AM »
Hi all,
Does anyone know what spark plugs and leads to run in a 1964 Deville? Tried researching online but didn't get very far.....
Thanks in advance,
PM

Online Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
Re: 1964 Deville (429) spark plugs and leads
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 01:11:46 PM »
With regard to Leads, I usually make my own.   Getting the wire by the coil at Repco, and also the firrings and covers to crimp on the ends.

This way, I can get the correct lengths so that everything sits nicely, as against the ready-made ones that never seem to be the right length.

Plus, I use Wire Core wire, as against the Carbon Core, and if necessary, a suppressor into the radio wiring.

As for Plugs, It depends on the condition of the engine.   Hot ones for a high mileage one, and Cold for a new engine, and graduating in between.   The Factory ones aren't available now, and from what I have found, the new AC plugs aren't as good as the originals.

In my own '72, I am trying Platinum Plugs to see how they go.

Bruce. :devil:
Bruce Reynolds, Lindisfarne, TASMANIA
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Offline paulmac118

• 62 Series Member
  • 1964 Sedan DeVille
  • My Name: Paulmac
Re: 1964 Deville (429) spark plugs and leads
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 12:34:57 PM »
Thanks for the response Bruce, likely not up to making my own leads, so will keep looking. Have asked a few local suppliers, otherwise will get them from RockAuto in the US.
I was hoping to get these off the shelf from a local parts shop or something... anyway, back to looking!