Author Topic: 1959 hearse history search  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Superior59

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
  • My Name: Bryce
1959 hearse history search
« on: September 06, 2016, 09:37:20 PM »
Hi there,
Way back in 1995 I was looking around Joes Golden Gasoline's in Adelaide dreaming of one day buying an American car and just happened to ask him if he had ever seen a 1959 Cadillac hearse for sale, his eyes lit up, I've got one arriving next week!. I have always dreamed of one ever since seeing the movie Harold and Maude as a kid. I said Sold! it was fate.
I purchased the 1959 Cadillac Superior Hearse and soon after begun tearing it apart for restoration,(time lapse) just this year I have seriously begun and are progressing well.
All I know of its past is that it came from Perth and has Washington state plates I believe it was imported before this time and it was not imported by Joe. I would be interested if anyone knows anything about it.

Thanks Bryce

Offline MY 59

• DeVille Member
Re: 1959 hearse history search
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 05:53:46 PM »
I think we have another over here, basically identical to that one in a really dark blue/almost black, as well as an elusive 59 Miller Meteor also in a dark blue

I take it this one was never licensed over here in Perth

Cheers,

Dave
'59 Sedan Deville
'67 ZA Ford Fairlane

Offline Singley

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
Re: 1959 hearse history search
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 04:05:53 PM »
I think we have another very helpful Quick Extender Pro article over here, basically identical to that one in a really dark blue/almost black, as well as an elusive 59 Miller Meteor also in a dark blue

I take it was never licensed over here in Perth

Cheers,

Dave

That's going to need a lot of work.  :shocked: