Author Topic: new member  (Read 190 times)

Offline vincent lowden

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
« on: April 14, 2020, 08:49:11 PM »
Hi everyone my name is Vincent Lowden I've just joined your group I have just bought a 1962 series two convertible and when this covid19 is done and dusted  look forward to getting out cruising in it.

Offline Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 10:40:37 PM »
G'day Vincent,

Welcome to the world of Cadillac ownership, and where are you?.

The first thing that you need to do is purchase the Factory Shop Manual (Workshop Manual).   It will be the best purchase you will ever make, apart from buying the car.   Don't bother with the cheapie Haynes Manuals, as they cover a lot of years.

eBay is probably the best place, and don't bother with the CD versions as it is too hard to operate the computer whilst attacking the car.

Bruce. :devil:
Bruce Reynolds, Lindisfarne, TASMANIA
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Offline vincent lowden

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 03:51:25 PM »
Hi Bruce ... I live in Burwood East on the outskirts of Melbourne i see you are in Lindisfarne Tas a lovely part of the world, thanks for your advise re workshop manual you will be pleased to know it was one of the first things i did source an original 1962 publication from Canada.. its in pristine condition although can't imagine it will be like that for to long after the many times i refer to it. Bruce you may be able to assist me with finding my way around this website...for instance where can i ask and post questions regarding old school tradesmen that work with classic vehicles ie Mechanical/Trimmers/Panel shops etc any advise would be more than welcome cheers for now
                                                                                                                                                                      regards Vincent Lowden

Offline Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 10:19:14 PM »
G'day Vincent,

Don't know much about this website, other than simply looking at the various Forums.

My main internet dealings is with the USA Message Board of the Cadillac & LaSalle Club, of which I am the head Administrator/Moderator.   Yes, even from down here.   One of a half dozen Moderators that ensure they talk about Cadillacs and LaSalles.

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/

I am also a Member of the CLC in Australia, the Victorian Region, but this site we are on now is run by the New South Wales Region, and really doesn't have much action for some unknown reason, which is a pity.

The contact details for Victoria are  Brian Langton   bryanlangton(at)bigpond.com  phone number 0419 five one six 219   There would have to be lots of people in Victoria that can handle work on Cadillacs, as there are a lot of these in Victoria.

I would encourage you to join the Victorian Region, and once the Covid19 lockdowns are ended, things should get back to normal.

Offline vincent lowden

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 10:57:09 PM »
Thank you Bruce for the additional information I have joined the local club but sadly i had no sooner registered my vehicle when Brian Langton text members saying all club outings were cancelled due to Covid19, i'm beginning to think this car is cursed I purchased it in Queensland on the 5th of Nov and after having some minor work carried out it was shipped down to Melb on the 14th Dec the same day i was having a triple bypass operation after three months recuperation i managed to attend a show N shine in Seymour north of Melb then Covid19 arrived and it hasn't been out of my garage ever since so in 6 months i've driven it once, well Bruce that's life as they say

best wishes Vincent Lowden

Offline Bruce Reynolds

• Club Member
  • Brougham Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 10:48:39 AM »
Sorry to read about your health problem.

I was getting ready to go to the Rally in Busselton in 2014, in my Eldorado and come home via Darwin and Cairns.   Car was all ready to go, then I came down with Heart Failure, and on Doctors' recommendations, rested and relaxed for 18 Months, yes, a year and a half, doing nothing, going nowhere, and having friends come to visit thinking that I wouldn't be here for long.

Took a while to get used to doing nothing, reclining in the Lounge Chair, watching TV, but the only thing I can be really thankful for is that the episode got me really ready for the Covid19 lockdown, so where others are moaning and groaning about not being allowed out, I am enjoying it.   Saving money.   BUT, it also stopped me from driving to the Mudgee Muster this year.   Again, my car was ready to head out the garage and to the boat, but sadly, it hasn't gone anywhere.   Like all of us.

Offline vincent lowden

• 62 Series Member
  • I'm new here
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 05:50:54 PM »
Sounds familiar Bruce... but the important thing is you lived to tell the story and that's the main thing but just wait till this Covid 19 thing is behind us they better watch out we'll be roaring to go
                                                                                                   cheers Vincent Lowden